I am...

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Knee Surgery

I saw Dr. Clanton on the 20th to schedule the day of Surgery. I would have loved to have it over Thanksgiving break but that was not possible. So December 16th is the date! I couldn't even get it on our Christmas break...so I am scheduled the week before our break. I am not looking forward to it...I hear it will be worse than my last knee surgery. : (

I told Juli (Dr. Clanton's P.A.) that I would do an allograft because it was less evasive than an autograft. However, now that I've had time to research and think about it...I think I want to do the autograft. Autograft is where they take a tendon from either your hamstring or your patellar tendon and insert it in as your ACL. Allograft is where they take a tendon from a cadaver and place it in as your ACL. I don't know...I know for someone like me who is older and not as physical as someone still in school they do the allograft but I think I want to go the harder recovery route. I hear that using your own tendons to replace your ACL is much stronger than that of a cadavers. I also hear that you are more likely to tear your ACL again if you have the allograft.

We shall see....I think I'll ask Juli some more questions and then make a decision.

No comments: