Our Family Reunion in Tennessee!
My dad's side of the family puts together a reunion every other year so that everyone can keep in touch. I haven't been to a reunion since I was in high school...due to working or school. So this year I was able to introduce my HUSBAND to everyone. It was awesome!
There were about 40 to 45 people there....that including 11 kids. The kids kept us going but also was some form of birth control for those of us without kids. ; ) We stayed in a house that had 12 bedrooms and 12 bathrooms. It was amazing...I enjoyed the house a great deal.
The first day was just a day to catch up and plan for the other days. After two days in a car...we were ready to just hang out.
The next morning was our "Steve Anderson's" family's duty to cook breakfast. We being from Texas we cooked breakfast tacos!! They turned out YUMMY!!
That same day we went to the Flee Market. I could have done without going but I went just to be with everyone. It was really hot....luckily it was indoors. We walked around and just followed everyone else as they bought goodies. That evening we played putt-putt golf with all the little kids. That was fun too except we were rushed to keep up!
I do not remember the days we did each event but I do remember the events. One of those days we went to the Anderson Homestead to see where Grandpa and Grandma used to live. It was AWESOME!!! The people that bought it from Grandma before my parents moved her out were still the owners. We surprised them and asked if it were okay to come and look around. They had done so much to the land...it was beautiful! I don't have those pictures listed but soon hope to have them up.
Another day we went to Dollywood Splash Park! It was really fun! Only thing I didn't like was being in my swim suit the whole day. Oh well.....it was a blast. However, that night I ended up sick. I slept through the night....missed out on the Stampede though. I was sad because it was a dinner and show all in one. Plus Tim and I already paid for it so it was money lost. Tim was very sweet....he ended up staying home with me. Another sweet thing was the family brought our dinner home to us....it was good. A few days after we got back I went to the doctor....I had an ear infection and throat infection. Lovely!
White Water Rafting.....still sick I knew I had to go because I didn't want to be left out again. It was great!! VERY COLD but really fun! However, I was expecting it to be more rough. It was exciting though and no one in our boat fell out...not even my 10 year old nephew. We were all very proud of Thomas....he did awesome.
On that Sunday....we ended up hanging out talking and then going for a hike. Those pictures are below. It was so cute...this was after I had been sick....well still was. But we went with my sister and her little daughter. It was a good thing because Tim carried Kamri the whole time. He's going to be such an AWESOME daddy some day.
Well....then it was time to head home. We drove straight through to Houston. It was best....I really wanted to get home.
We loved Tennessee...we wished we could have done more sight seeing. Next time!




+014.jpg)




No comments:
Post a Comment