Dear family and friends,
We just heard that Heather's dad had a seizure today and they rushed him to the hospital for cat scans. Shortly afterwards we heard that there is a tumor that is affecting his memory. We would like to ask that you say a quick little prayer for him and we will continute to keep you updated as we find out more. We thank you in advance for your prayers.
with His love,
Heather and tim.
****************************************************
Hello Everyone,
What a two day ride this has been.
God is good! Praise God and thank you all for praying.
Friday:
I was at work going about my regular day. I had just finished working out for my Physical Therapy...ran to teach my first 3rd grade class. Between two of my classes I went to my office...picked up my phone and saw that 2 of my sisters and Tim had all tried to call me. I knew right then that something was wrong with my mom or dad. It was the worse feeling.
My parents were having a garage sale when one of their customers starting yelling..."He fell down!" "He fell down!" My sister whose husband is prone to seizures was the first one to reach my dad. (Out of all my sisters...God placed her there for this reason) He fell flat on his back hitting the top of his head on cement. It took about 5 minutes before he came out of it but was still in a daze.
After getting all the messages and phone calls I informed my boss about the news. She took over my next class (blessing) as I was heading out the door to the hospital. I was on my way out the door when I realized that I didn't have a car....Tim and I have been carpooling into work and he had the car with him. While I waited for him to bring the car I sat at my desk and just started praying...one of my co-workers/friends came into the office and saw my red teary eyed face and started praying (blessing) with me. After talking to her and settling down I decided to jump in the shower to rinse off from my workout...no sooner than I was done Tim was there.
While in the ambulance the EMT starting asking my dad questions..."Do you know what day it is?", "Who is the president?", "Do you have any children?"...all of which he answered wrong or couldn't answer. He said he had a son that has 4 children...he has 5 daughters with 10 grandchildren! ; ) All of which we teased him about later.
I dropped Tim off at work and started my way to Memorial Hermann in Sugar Land. On the way there one of my sisters called and informed me that the doctors did a CT scan on my dads head and informed them that they needed to transfer him to the Med Center immediately! The doctor told my sisters and mom that he had a mass on the left side of his brain and that he would need surgery.
I arrived just before they transferred him to the Med Center. I walked in the room where three of my sisters and mom were standing around my dad on his bed holding his hands. I gave my dad a hug and kiss and asked him how he felt. He said he felt okay and then looked at one of my sisters and ask what he did. My sister told him that he had a seizure and that everything was going to be okay. He responded with, "Grrreaaaat!"
Two minutes later he looked up at my sister again and ask, "What did I do?" My sister responded and he said, "Grrreaaaat!" That was so hard to see especially from our dad who never gets sick or has any problems. His gotten hurt in the past but always bounces right back.
They took him in an ambulance to Memorial Hermann in the Med Center...my sisters and I rushed over as well only to sit in the Emergency room for 6 hours with each one of us going back to his trauma room to sit with him. They finally placed him in a room around 8 pm. However, they forgot to order his MRI and medicine for him to take. This was very frustrating.
As the night went on...my dad started getting his memory back but still had no clue as to what happened that morning.
My dad started feeling a lot better and becoming more and more himself. So my sisters, Tim and I left the hospital around 11:30 that night so they could get some sleep.
Saturday:
My mom said they came into change out my dad's IV around 4:30 this morning. Around 7 that morning the PA came into tell them that my dad was in perfect health and that they wanted to push him up the line to get his MRI. If the MRI came back clear they said they would release him today.
They took my dad in for his MRI and around 11:30 the results came back and the doctor said there was nothing there. He said he wasn't even sure what the other doctor saw on the CT scan. The doctor also informed us that he didn't even think my dad had a seizure. They released him around 1 pm today.
PRAISE GOD!!!!
My family and I are praising God that there is nothing there but we still think that something is wrong and that my dad should get further testing. The doctor gave my dad a prescription for an EEG testing and to get his heart looked at. As we are very thankful that there is no mass on my dad's brain we would still like some answers as to why he had a seizure or if it was a seizure at all.
Thank you all so very much for praying! I know God took care of my dad.
What a blessing you all are to us.
in HIS grip,
Heather (and Tim)



No comments:
Post a Comment